CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year!! I was going to do a "Year in Review" post, but duh! You can just go back and read whatever you want to! I don't want to bore you with the details of what I have done! I thought about listing my New Year's Resolutions. But, I'm a dog! I don't make resolutions! So, I am kind of at a loss for what to write in my New Year's post. I know! Shocking that I am a loss for words! I don't have any pictures from our New Year's Eve celebration, because Mom and Dad are boring! BORING! They both have colds, so we stayed home and watched movies and cuddled. Not a ton of fun for me, but it's all good. I guess I will tell you about what is to come in the next couple weeks for me.

First, on January 14th, I have to spend the day at GDB for a Cadio exam. I know! Strange! They called a bunch of us in early for exams because we are being watched to be breeder dogs. That's right - there could be a whole lotta baby ME's! How fun would that be?!?! Because the Cardiologist only comes every so often, so they have to fill up the day when they will be there. Tara is going in with me too. Hopefully, it will be fun!

Mom says I am leaving for college at the end of the month. That's right! I'm all grown up and headed off to Guide Dogs for formal training! I'm kinda nervous about making new friends. I know that my buddies Hamlin and Cherish are already there, but they won't be in my class. Maybe I will thrown a party in the kennels to break the ice! That could be fun!

While I am there, I will have some tough decisions to make about my life. I will start my guidework training. There will be tons of studying and stuff involved. I'm not sure how I will like that! I will have to figure out if I want to be a guide dog. It's a lot of responsibility. I hope I am up for it! But, if not, I may get a chance to come back home. That would be OK too. I like it here.

So, 2010 will bring exciting things for me! I hope that it does for you too!

Love and Licks,
Poppy

PS I actually DO have one resolution - I plan on blogging daily until it is time to pack my back for GDB!

3 comments:

Ro said...

Maybe I'll see you at school! I'll be in school too!

Anonymous said...

Hey Poppy:

Is your friend Tara thinking about becoming a mommy like you? Her sister Topeka is heading in a week to college!

Happy New Year! :)

Becky Andrews said...

Oh I love reading your blog from your perspective Poppy! Sounds like an exciting, busy month.