CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

So Long! Farewell! Auf Wiedersehen! Goodbye...

Well, it seems that the end of the line has come early for me. I had big plans for the next 3 weeks. I was going to go to the city with Mom and Dad. I was going to say lots of good byes to all my favorite people. I was going to go visit my Dad's family and say goodbye to them (I already said goodbye to Mom's family last weekend). And, most importantly, I was going to have a little brother!

But, guess what. I came in season today. So, I'm bummed that my time at home has been cut short! I have to go off to school early and hang in the kennels before starting college.

I have a lot to think about now. I have a ton of decisions to make about my life. First, I have to get through my cardio exam on Thursday. Then, I will start working with my trainers. Hopefully, they like me! I really hope they like me! I am not sure that I want to be a guide dog. It takes SO much responsibility to be a good guide! But, I guess that's why I am heading to college - to figure out what I want to do with my life. Mom and Dad say they will be proud of me no matter what I decide to do. I know they love me and will cheer me on through whatever I decide to do. I can't wait to figure out what's next!

So, this is a goodbye that has come too soon! I will have Dagan keep you all up to date with how I am doing in college. I'll make sure that he and Mom start a blog for him too - so look for him in the blog-o-sphere soon.

Hope to see you at graduation!!

Love and Licks (lots and lots of them!)
Poppy

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Luck Poppy in whatever you decide! Rather you decide to be a mommy or a guide dog (or both), I know you will do your best! :)

Carrie and Waffle said...

good luck poppy! stop by breeding and talk with Lani, she is sleeping under Carol's desk. She can give you the skinny on being a mommy dog!

Ro said...

Oh my goodness, that has come fast. Good luck! Cassie, this has got to be emotional, wow...

Infrequent Flyers said...

Doesn't that just beat all?!! Oh Poppy, sorry your time at home got cut so short. You're just a fertile Myrtle, at least compared to Cabana. We'll miss you!

Becky Andrews said...

Wishing you the very best Poppy.